Wednesday, September 10, 2008

REMEMBERING THE HEROES OF THE TWIN TOWERS, SEVEN YEARS ON...



"Terrible now to look as a blood red cloud darkened the sky.
Heavens stained with the blood of men
As the Valkyries started up, their songs filled the air
Seeking the bravest warriors.

Over dead and dying men, the Valkyries choose the battle slain
For Odin at the Ragnarok, end of time for gods and men.
Heroes laid like battered planks on the bloody road
Paving the way to Valhalla. I laid you down

On the earth to rest. turning to flight, more arrows
Rained cutting through, turning my shirt red.
I fell but crawled to you. Ragnor, I saw the paving
That morning in the mud. Your breathe came soft.

Eyes gems of pain Ragnor, hearth companion,
Soaked with sweat and blood, Valkyries, a warrior for Odin!
Ragnor, my childhood companion, urging me away.

I will stay with you and we will fight to enter Valhalla.
"


--Wulfstan Johnson

And this:



[Link if embed doesn't work]

No comments: